New opportunities arose at the Stiftelsen Utbildning Nordkalotten VET and AE institution from attending the “Creating contacts and cooperation between Accredited organisations” TCA within Accreditation LTA event
09.03.2022Iiris Matela Swedish AE project coordinator participated in the “Creating contacts and cooperation between Accredited organisations” event. Her tips for beneficiaries to talk to other TCA participants ”offering” your ideas in a flexible way, negotiating the possible impact and each others expectations of the partnership. Then see what happens, take an attempt!
The online contact seminar was an opportunity for rural areas without efficient public transportation. Have a glimpse how Iiris Matela found partnership with a participant from a school with similar needs, purpose and interest. The Swedish and German VET and AE institutions have now far-reaching plans for teacher and staff exchange in long-term cooperation starting already in May-June. If you are interested how Iiris Matela prepared for the event and what exactly she and her institute gained from the participation, please read on.
The school of Iiris is a small school in a northern and remote area of Sweden, far up, on the boarderline to Finland. Few opportunities for workspaces, several people leave the area for applying for work somewhere else. Iiris’s school set up an internationalisation group which works on different international possibilities, most of all Erasmus+ but also other ways of international cooperation.
If you are wondering what is a good way to prepare for attending a Training and Cooperation Activity, see how Iiris Matela prepared:
- She studied the website of the TCA event also gained information on SALTO website tried to figure out what was expected from her and what she was supposed to look for at the TCA event.
- She put down their project ideas, with the help of the internationalisation group at her school.
- To find adequate partners it is important to go to the seminar with clear and structured ideas of what your organisation wants to do and what kind of partners it needs. This is to make the work in the contact seminar time-efficient.
- Iiris will apply for a prepatory visit to meet the German colleague in person for finalizing their project.
- She also made contact with a Finnish school, might lead into partnership further on.
- Iiris has everything ready and lined up. She only needs to elaborate more on the Erasmusplan. Next step is to send the students from Övertorneå out on Work Based Learning to help paperless newcomers from other countries to be able to do their WBL somewhere then get a fair chance of a job.