Share. Inspire. Participate: Call For Resources in the Context of the European Elections 2024
As we get ready for the next European Elections taking place on 6-9 June 2024, it's time to gather and give visibility some relevant or inspiring resources that you would like to share with all of us to encourage participation in those elections and beyond. You can share or invite your project beneficiaries to submit resources until Sunday, 14 January 2024 via this form.
As we get ready for the next European Elections taking place on 6-9 June 2024, it's time to gather and give visibility some relevant or inspiring resources that you would like to share with all of us to encourage participation in those elections and beyond.
SALTO Participation & Information Resource Centre is collecting all types of quality resources, tools, campaigns, good practices and other learning materials related to the elections. These resources will be featured on the Participation Resource Pool in 2024 to promote participation for all in the European Elections 2024 and other electoral processes. You can share or invite your project beneficiaries to submit resources until Sunday, 14 January 2024 via this form.
What kind of resources are we looking for?
1. Local, national or international project examples that address the topic of participation in elections through meaningful involvement of their target groups. These could be projects that, for example, help people understand how the European Parliament and other institutions work, why it is relevant to vote, how to do it and/or what EU citizens, including young people, would like to change about these institutions.
2. Methods, methodologies, and learning materials that can be used to address the topic of elections in the context of formal and non-formal education activities (i.e. that can be used by educators, project leaders, trainers, youth workers, teachers and others). These can be examples from methods you have used in classes on civic education and elections, in youth exchanges to help young people understand voting, in participation activities, local participatory budgeting programmes that include voting and others.
3. Currently active platforms and/or campaigns on the European Elections 2024 that provide relevant information in clear and appealing formats.
4. Relevant peer-reviewed scientific or opinion papers/articles on elections in relation to young people and/or learners of all ages through formal and/or non-formal education. For example, articles addressing current trends, factors of influence, media and information literacy, digital participation, etc.
Why should you submit resources?
They will be featured in the Participation Resource Pool, our platform featuring quality resources to promote participation for all. They will be promoted through the SALTO Participation & Information communication channels, giving your work more visibility and the opportunity to reach new audiences across Europe and beyond! You will support the capacity of different stakeholders to engage with the topic of the elections and/or European democratic participation. You will play a part in creating access to quality content that encourages action to formal and non-formal education institutions and practitioners.
Any specific criteria to keep in mind?
- The resources have been developed and published in the last 5 years;
- The resources support critical thinking;
- The resources promote meaningful participation;
- The resources should be primarily available in English, but if they are available in other languages too, please don’t hesitate to include them;
- The resources are available in open access (no fee is required to access the content).
You can submit one or more resources as an individual or as an organisation, but please fill in the form for each resource you want to submit.
Selection and publication of resources
All submitted resources will be analysed by the SALTO PI team on an ongoing basis. They will be evaluated based on the criteria listed in the present call and published in the Participation Resource Pool. By Spring 2024, the new resources will be published in the Participation Resource Pool and featured before the European Elections 2024. The selection of these resources will take into account also the element of diversity – in terms of types of resources, the context in which the practice has been implemented/developed (local, national, European level), etc.
Share or invite your project beneficiaries to submit resources using the online form by 14 January 2024 at https://participationpool.eu/submit-your-resource/