Erasmus+ Online Contact Seminar (TCA) - Media Literacy and Disinformation
The internet makes it possible: Getting information has never been as easy as today. As for the accuracy and the verisimilitude of the information, the situation is considerably more complicated, however. Particularly children and young people can be easily manipulated by false or misleading information. Fake news, conspiracy theories and misinformation have increased significantly in the COVID-19 pandemic.
For this reason, there is an increased need to harness the potential of digital technologies for teaching and learning and to develop digital skills for all. Digital literacy is one of the key issues of the Erasmus+ programme and is closely linked to the Digital Education Action Plan (2021-2027).
In this seminar, journalists from Lie Detectors will provide participants with materials to help them address the issue of disinformation in class. The concept of Lie Detectors is aimed at pupils in grades 5-9, approximately 10-15 years old.
Furthermore, participants will receive an introduction to the Erasmus+ programme (2021-2027) and its funding opportunities. In addition, teachers will provide insights into Erasmus+ projects. The seminar is a contact seminar with the objective to start school mobility and eTwinning projects under Erasmus+.
- will learn from journalists who work with the Lie Detectors and get first-hand experience on the topic of disinformation
- will receive pedagogical material for the classroom
- will learn from Erasmus+ best practice projects in the field of media literacy and disinformation and develop ideas for projects on the topic
- will acquire the know-how to apply for a school mobility project in the new Erasmus+ programme
- will learn how to start a virtual project on the eTwinning platform
- will be connected to teachers in other programme countries with similar interests who could be partners in future projects
- will understand what makes a good quality project (concepts for learning mobility and blended mobility, thematic cooperation projects on the eTwinning-platform)
Check out our cooperation Partner: Lie Detectors
Applications will be accepted via SALTO.
Partners and participants
Teachers / head teachers from all Erasmus+ programme countries (general education, secondary level, pupils age from 10 – 15 years). Participants should be motivated to apply for an Erasmus+ project in 2022.
Pending co-organising partner application(s)
Pending booked places
Accepted co-organising partner(s)