“Erasmus + green mobility + green schools” A European Conference on Climate protection and Sustainability in School Education
Climate change and environmental degradation are an existential threat to Europe and the world. To overcome these challenges, all 27 EU Member States have committed themselves to the Green Deal, to turn the EU into the first climate neutral continent by 2050. To get there, they have promised to reduce emissions by at least 55% by 2030, compared to 1990 levels.
The second generation of the Erasmus+ programme (2021-2027) is an important instrument to support the implementation of the Green Deal. Thus, environmental protection and sustainability are even more in the focus of the new programme and are already addressed in many exchange projects in the school sector.
On the one hand, Green Erasmus aims to improve the ecological footprint of the programme itself. On the other hand, Erasmus+ projects want to contribute to a climate-neutral Europe. Traveling with more environmentally friendly means of transport, teaching skills for living in a sustainable and resource-efficient society, as well as promoting projects on green issues and the use of digitalization can make a significant contribution to this goal.
· The conference will highlight projects which show how diverse and creative environmental protection and sustainability projects can be.
· Participants will develop ways to carry out sustainability projects, reflecting means of transport and ways to recompensate CO2 emissions. It will address the concept of blended mobility combining virtual and real mobility through the eTwinning platform.
· With the support of experts from the field, the participants of the conference will reflect how environmental and climate protection can be addressed in projects and also in everyday school life.
· The conference will offer networking opportunities for school representatives to find partners and to discuss project proposals for mobility projects and activities related to climate protection and sustainability.
- Full vaccination protection is given if the second vaccination is more than 14 days and less than 90 days ago, this also refers to recovery after a Corona infection. In addition a negative antigen test (not older than 24 hours) is required.
- No deadlines apply to participants who have received a booster vaccination (the 3rd vaccination) and they do not need to show a negative antigen test.
Partners and participants
Pending co-organising partner application(s)
Pending booked places
Accepted co-organising partner(s)