Erasmus+ promoting physical activity and cooperation in education and training
As part of the European Commission Sport policy, various tools and initiatives have been developed in recent years to support and promote active and healthy lifestyle. However, studies (e.g., Special Eurobarometer report 472 published in 2018) show that the participation in physical activity Europe-wide is still low.
The Council Recommendation of 26 November 2013 on promoting health-enhancing physical activity across sectors has stressed the importance of the strategic cross-sectoral approach in promoting health-enhancing physical activity involving all levels of all relevant Ministries, bodies and organizations.
This TCA, therefore, aims to contribute to the European Commission goal by increasing awareness and promoting physical activity in Education and Training through Erasmus+.
The main goals of this thematic seminar are:
- to identify sectoral challenges and discover ways how Erasmus+ can help in promoting physical activity in education and training;
- encourage cooperation and development of Erasmus+ projects with focus on promoting physical activity as part of education and training;
- learn about Erasmus+ tools and initiatives that promote healthy lifestyle (especially in education) at national and EU levels;
- exchange ideas and existing good practices about the topic;
TCA will be a two-day event that will begin with a real grassroots sport activity for the participants – joint participation in marathon (5km distance).
Participants will have:
- learned about Erasmus+ programme and how it can help to develop new cooperation with regards to the topic;
- learned about Erasmus+ tools and initiatives that promote healthy lifestyle (especially in education);
- exchanged ideas and good practices about the topic;
- developed new contacts for future cooperation;
- gained real grassroots sport experience;
LV01 will provide accommodation up to 3 nights, as well as costs for the meals in accordance with the agenda of the event.
06.05.2023. Arrival, dinner and social programme
07.05.2023. Theoretical and practical preparation and participation at the “Rimi Riga Marathon” (5km distance) - full day programme, dinner
Alternative: orientation activity in Riga
08.05.2023. Full day programme, dinner
09.05.2023. Departure of participants
Partners and participants
Representatives from all education and training sectors, potential KA1 and KA2 applicants former/current beneficiaries, E+ newcomers, stakeholders, social partners, educators, education managers, experts etc., who are interested in promoting sport, physical activity and healthy lifestyles in education and training.
Representatives from Sport sector (sport staff, coaches, etc.) who are interested in developing cross-sectoral cooperation between Sport and Education and Training and to contribute to the seminar are welcome to join the event.
Pending booked places