ERASMUS+ 2021-2027: Strengthening International Dimension in Higher Education “Opportunities for international mobility and cooperation between MedNet and African countries”
State Scholarships Foundation (IKY) -being the Greek National Agency (EL01) for ERASMUS+ programme- in cooperation with the ERASMUS+ National Agencies of the MedNet Countries (Cyprus, Croatia, France, Greece, Italy, Malta, Portugal, Serbia, Slovenia, Spain, North Macedonia and Turkey) organises a seminar within the context of the Erasmus+ Transnational Cooperation Activities (TCA) action.
The main objective of the seminar is to strengthen International Dimension in Higher Education through Erasmus+ 2021-2027 programme.
The seminar brings together representatives (Rectors or Vice Rectors or equivalent counterparts) of Higher Education Institutions (HEIs) from MedNet, Southern Mediterranean countries and Sub-Saharan Africa and gives them a unique opportunity of networking, partner finding, sharing best practices and fresh ideas in order to set up new projects in fields of common interest within the context of decentralised (KA171-International Credit Mobility Projects for Higher Education Students and Staff and KA131-) and centralised (Capacity building in the field of higher education etc.) actions of the Erasmus+ programme.
The programme of the seminar keeps a balance between:
- working sessions to present/understand the relevant Erasmus+ opportunities and set up new project proposals, and
- social and cultural activities to give participants the opportunity to meet, to get to know one another, to discuss cooperation agreements, to come up with new ideas for future cooperation and strengthen links between them.
- Increase awareness of the opportunities for HEIs offered by the Erasmus+ Programme by providing information on the relevant Erasmus+ decentralized and centralized actions, in which Southern Mediterranean countries and Sub-Saharan Africa Universities are eligible to participate.
- Identify potential synergies between decentralised and centralised actions of the Erasmus+ Programme.
- Highlight and maximise the potential of cooperation between European and African countries by exchanging good practice examples.
- Create new project proposals in the action KA171-International Credit Mobility (ICM) as well as in relevant centralized actions in the framework of the Erasmus+ Programme 2021-2027.
- Participate in a friendly and fruitful exchange of views, ideas, experiences and expectations.
TCA is for HE sector, Key Action 1 and Erasmus+ KA2 centralised actions (Capacity Building, Erasmus Mundus). The seminar will take place in Ben Guerir (one hour from Marrakesh) Morocco and starts on the 4th of March 2024 (arrival of participants) and ends on the 7th of March 2024 (departure of participants). The seminar will be held at the premises (Campus) of of Mohammed VI Polytechnic University. Participants will stay at HILTON Hotel and HILTON APARTHOTEL in Ben Guerir, Morocco.
Participation fee 1.309,20 €.
Partners and participants
The seminar is open to representatives (Rectors or Vice Rectors or equivalent counterparts) of Higher Education Institutions (HEIs) from MedNet, Southern Mediterranean and Sub-Saharan Africa, NA/NEO/NFP staff, representatives of EC and EACEA and Keynote speakers.
165 places are reserved as follows:
- 66 places for representatives of MedNet HEIs and NA staff (11 Co-organizers) - should there be vacant places, more applicants will be accepted on a “first come first served basis”.
- 12 for representatives of HEIs from Morocco (all National Universities of the host country),
- 8 places for representatives of HEIs from Southern Mediterranean countries except for Morrocco (two per country – should there be vacant places, more applicants will be accepted on a «first come first served» basis»).
- 49 places for representatives of HEIs from Sub-Saharan Africa (one per country – should there be vacant places, more applicants will be accepted on a “first come first served basis”).
- 10 places for NEO/NFP staff (one per country on a “first come first served basis”).
- 10 places for Greek NA Staff with a special role.
- 10 places for persons with a supporting and moderating role, Keynote speakers etc.
Should there be vacant places, applicants will be accepted on a «first come first served» basis.
National Agencies (NAs), National Erasmus+ Offices (NEOs), Erasmus+ National Focal Points (ENFPs) and/or other National Authorities are responsible for the selection and registration of participants from each participating county.
Selected participants should be registered by the selecting agencies/authorities/offices of each participating country.
Pending booked places