Study visit focused on the role of guidance in the transition from primary and lower secondary school to IVET and how guidance, information and focus on practical skills can strengthen the knowledge about and the attractiveness of IVET
- Presentation of the Danish education and guidance system with focus on IVET
- Discussion of the situation of IVET in the participating countries
- Exchange of experiences and practical examples : How to strengthen the attractiveness of IVET and to increase the number of young VET students?
- Visit to one or two VET colleges and an institution offering preparatory youth education to young persons with fewer opportunities and educational challenges.
- Higher awareness of the role of guidance counsellors in relation to IVET – visit to a youth guidance centre.
- Internationalisation among VET schools and Guidance Centres (focused primarily on internationalisation within Erasmus+ programme).
- Cross-sectoral cooperation within compulsory school and VET sector.
- The participants will through discussions and focus on an important challenge of IVET in many countries, gain new insights on how to attract more students for the VET sector.
- The participants will through get access to a broader European network, which will be a platform for sharing of experience.
- The participants will get inspiration for the future work in the participating countries and for European projects on the topic, which can be used to formulate future Erasmus+ projects.
All participants will be asked to send a one page description of a best practice example on guidance in relation to IVET from their own country before the study visit.
Partners and participants
VET - Guidance Counsellors working in relation to IVET
Pending co-organising partner application(s)
Pending booked places
Accepted co-organising partner(s)