European Conference “Empowering students in the digital age”
The conference will address the Erasmus priorities ‘digital transformation’ and ‘participation in democratic life’ and focus on digital education in the school sector and the student's perspective in the digital age. It will also approach the topic of students’ wellbeing. The following questions will be addressed:
- How can digital education succeed in the classroom? What opportunities do digital teaching/learning settings offer for personalized learning and student-centered learning? What do learning settings look like in modern lessons, and how is the role of the teacher changing?
- How do we succeed in involving all pupils and to give them orientation in the media world and strengthen democratic participation? How can students be empowered against the dangers of the media like fake news, radical political influence or violence on the Internet?
- How can schools, teachers and school projects promote well-being of students in the digital transformation from a physical, emotional, social and cognitive view?
- How can collaborative work and blended learning succeed - in the classroom and in Erasmus projects? Special attention will be given to blended mobility and the use of eTwinning in the classroom and in project work.
- The conference will present scientific views and innovative Erasmus projects so that participants can deepen their knowledge on the conference topics.
- The conference will highlight ways in which schools and teachers can profit from Erasmus+ school projects including eTwinning and the European School Education Platform.
- In exchange with each other and with the help of experts in the field, the participants will discuss and develop concepts for school projects and school development.
- The conference will offer networking opportunities for schools and institutions in the school sector to find partners and initiate new Erasmus projects (mobility projects, cooperation projects, eTwinning projects).
Partners and participants
- Representatives from schools (from pre-school to upper secondary level) who are interested in starting Erasmus+ projects (Key action 1 and 2 and eTwinning) on the conference topics.
- Representatives from teacher training institutions with experience on the conference topics
- Representatives of Erasmus+ projects (Key action 1 and 2 and eTwinning) who have carried out or are implementing projects on the conference topics who are willing to share their knowledge.
- Representatives from school authorities and Ministries of Education (mobility consortium coordinators).
- Representatives of Erasmus+ Teacher Academies and Jean Monnet activities who are working on the conference topics
- NA representatives
Pending booked places