International Erasmus+ Conference and Contact Seminar: The Power of Skills – Equipping Women in STEM through (dual) VET
The Erasmus+ conference ""The Power of Skills - Equipping Women in STEM through (dual) VET" aims to explore an promote the role of vocational education and training in empowering women and girls in the fields of science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM) while addressing the gender gap in these fields. The conference also serves as a contact seminar for representatives of VET institutions implementing Erasmus+ projects in KA1 and KA2 (with focus on Small Scale Partnerships) related to the topic.
The first day of the conference will feature keynote speeches and presentations of best practice examples. Through joint discussions and active participation in workshops, participants will get the chance to enhance their competencies and broaden their awareness in various areas related to engaging and supporting women and girls in STEM vocational training.
On the second day, participants will have the opportunity to take part in study visits to various companies and vocational schools. These visits will offer insight into their training programs and highlight the initiatives ito empower women and girls in their STEM programme. In a final open Space Session, potential Erasmus+ project partners will have the opportunity to connect and explore collaboration opportunities.
- to increase awareness and recognition of the existing gender gap in STEM fields
- to enhance knowledge and competencies related to engaging and supporting women and girls in STEM vocational training
- to share examples of best practice
- to offer networking and partnership opportunities for Erasmus+ beneficiaries
Information for international participants: The Austrian NA covers the costs of accommodation for 3 nights (check in: 22/10/2023, check out: 25/10/2023) as well as meals, refreshments and the costs social activities in the frame of the event. Costs linked to travel of international participants should be reimbursed by respective sending NAs.
Partners and participants
The event is open to
- VET teachers and practicioners
- beneficiaries of KA1 and KA2 projects (focus on Small Scale Partnerships)
- experienced organisations as well as newcomers (prior knowledge about the Erasmus+ programme and its targets is expected)
We can offer up to 50 places to international participants.
Pending booked places